About The Job
Are you looking for a rewarding career and still have good work life balance? We are looking for a CAD/CAM Programmer to join our team.
American Torch Tip is a family-owned manufacturing company located in Bradenton, FL. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including multiple health insurance plans with Health Savings Account employer match up to $1,000, Paid time off and company paid holidays, company 401k with employer match, and monthly employee recognition events!
Job summary for a CAD/CAM Programmer
Create 3D CAD models of parts and assemblies from sketches, drawings, and verbal descriptions from New Product Development Designers and Engineers, and Project/Product Managers. Contribute in engineering & design. Support Tooling Shop and Plant Engineering in the development of cutting and welding product. Rely on personal engineering aptitude, instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Perform within, and in conformance to, the company product data management system. Develop CAD documentation compatible with tooling and manufacturing fabrication procedures. Operate geometric data acquisition devices, laser scanners, probes, etc., to reverse engineer, perform QC. Verify patterns and parts to design tolerances.
Duties and Responsibilities of a CAD/CAM Programmer
- Experience and knowledge of ESPRITCAM or PartMaker software a must.
- Create parametric surface models of new products and new product families that are adaptable to change as design evolves.
- Manage time effectively in order to support multiple projects concurrently.
- Adhere to company 3D modeling best practices.
- Help develop and introduce new product designs in a timely manner, collaborating with a team of tooling technicians, designers and engineers to troubleshoot problems, update existing programs, and ultimately produce a newly designed product.
- Participate in design for manufacturability to achieve and improve best efficiency and quality.
- Meet product schedule deadlines.
- Operate geometric data acquisition devices, laser scanners, probes, etc. to reverse engineer, perform Q.C. Verify patterns and parts to design tolerances.
- Knowledge and experience with 3 axis, 5 axis and 7 axis CNC operation and programming a plus.
Requires Skills/Abilities of a CAD/CAM Programmer
- Strong understanding of SolidWorks Generative Shape Design (GSD) and Part Design.
- Understanding of manufacturing requirements, and how they are applied to component designs.
- An eye for aesthetics, and an ability to translate 2D sketches into 3D CAD surface models that accurately capture industrial design intent.
- Good communication & collaboration abilities.
- Excellent creative problem solving.
- Self-motivated and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work well with and influence established teams.
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities.
- Must have strong time management skills.
Education and Experience of a CAD/CAM Programmer
- Experience working within an ERP/MRP: Macola experience a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in shipping and receiving and inventory management.
American Torch Tip American Torch Tip is a family business and has been manufacturing welding and cutting torches, guns and consumables in the USA for over 80 years. Quality and Safety are our primary goals with every product we ship. Our culture is to create a great experience for customers, employees, suppliers and our community.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Employment is contingent on a successful background and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bradenton, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you currently employed at American Torch Tip Company?
- CAD/CAM Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location