About The Job
CNC Swiss Lathe Machinist/Operator (Bradenton) 1st and 2nd Shift Positions Available. Full-Time
Job Summary for a CNC Machine Operator
We are looking for an energetic CNC Machinist/Operator to produce precision machined parts by setting up, and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines, maintaining tight tolerances, quality and safety standards while keeping a safe, clean and organized workplace.
Responsibilities for a CNC Operator
- Prepare, set-up and operate CNC machines to perform several machining operations such as turning, threading, milling, and drilling with tight tolerances.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, part drawings and inspection sheets.
- Able to complete setups, make tool wear offsets, change overs and some programing.
- Problem-solving ability. Must be able to solve quality issues, problems with tools and machines.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Daily cleaning and housekeeping of work area following 5S guidelines for safety and efficiency
- Communicate quality and safety issues to management ASAP
Qualifications of a CNC Machinist/Operator
- Minimum of 2 year of experience working as Machinist/Operator.
- Experience with CNC Swiss Lathe machines such as: STAR’s CNC machines, Doosan Lynx 2100 or similar equipment is highly preferred.
- Able to understand specifications, read blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Advance knowledge of precision measuring tools such as: calipers, micrometers and gauges
- Safety oriented and motivated to improve Safety and Housekeeping in the production floor.
- United States (Required)
Successful pre-employment background check and drug screening.
American Torch Tip Co is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
The health and safety of our employees is paramount at American Torch Tip. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have established a company response plan following CDC and health official guidelines.
- Machining: 1 year (Preferred)
- Swiss Lathe Machinist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location