About The Job
A Database Administrator- Senior (DBA) at American Torch Tip manages and maintains the company database of medium to high complexity. Our DBA will help keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7 and insure the company optimizes database configuration and access. The DBA will resolve database performance and capacity issues and perform database recovery and back-ups.
Here’s what an ordinary day of work might look like for you:
- Responsibility for database software installation.
- Monitor and maintain system health and security with regular database updates and maintenance.
- Configure database servers.
- Data extraction, transformation, and loading.
- Supervision of modifications to any existing database software to meet the needs of the company and the employees.
- Responsibility for maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases and the integrity of the data coming from the database.
- Must guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally.
- Informing end users of changes in databases and train and provide tools to them to utilize systems.
- Root-cause analysis and troubleshooting in case of any software problems.
- Design backup processes for server and associated data.
- Manage database access. Create accounts for all users and assign security levels.
- Establish a disaster recovery protocol.
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution.
- Create database management procedures.
- Evaluate data analysis models and procedures.
- Capacity planning for current and future needs of the business.
- Recommend and integrate emerging database technologies, products, and software packages.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
You’re gonna need this to do this job:
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in field.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail oriented and strong problem-solving skills.
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures.
- Familiarity with reporting tools.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance.
- Experience with MySQL and MSSQL.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools.
- Knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills.
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS.
- Familiarity with Macola
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all leadership levels at the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
You will be working in an open office environment in a building that produces its products.
This job description does not list all job duties. Occasionally supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other duties. Your evaluation is based in part upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and these other duties.
Management has the right to revise the job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
American Torch Tip American Torch Tip is a family business and has been manufacturing welding and cutting torches, guns and consumables in the USA for over 75 years. Quality and Safety are our primary goals with every product we ship. Our culture is to create a great experience for customers, employees, suppliers and our community.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)
- One location