About The Job
ATTC is looking for a business partner to join our team as a General Accounting Manager. This is a critical role in our organization to ensure that management has confidence in the Financial Statement preparation process as well as providing information to other internal and external customers to help drive organizational excellence. The General Accounting Manager will be responsible for ensuring ATTC is compliant with all Local, State, Federal and International Accounting Regulations. The opportunity to engage cross functionally with other departments to continuously improve our organizational and financial results while growing your business acumen is an exciting portion of this role.
A thorough understanding of General Accounting functions and GAAP will be needed to ensure we meet all of our reporting requirements.
- A Quality Commitment is required to support the Monthly and Annual Close process in accord with GAAP.
- An Innovation oriented mindset will be needed to solve emerging General Accounting issues and continuously improve our accounting processes and procedures.
- Quick Responsiveness to requests for information using excellent systems and data management skills to organize the information into an understandable presentation for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to spot problems and find solutions independently.
- Engage cross functionally with other departments to resolve organizational issues.
- Responsible for transactional accounting, general ledger, AP/AR, fixed assets, manufacturing cost integration and other daily reporting processes.
- Responsible for Payroll and all Payroll related reporting
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures that result in additional automation for the team.
- Lead accounting staff of three to four people
- Creating a culture of continuous improvement for my team through coaching and mentoring.
- Helping team achieve successes by establishing expectations, monitoring the results and going over how they performed.
- Create views and tables in MS SQL server to accommodate financial and ad hoc reporting.
- Have prepared internal and external financial documents.
- Coordinate the annual captive insurance and 401k audits.
- Work with external tax firms by preparing all necessary document needed to file taxes for multiple entities with include an S Corp, C Corp, LLC, LLP and Private LLC (Dutch).
- Submit 941/940, state unemployment, sales tax domestic/international, and 401k contributions.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Working with cross functional groups to improve processes for the company.
- Assist with annual audit process and “Book to Tax” reconciliation with external accountants as required.
- Ability and interest in supporting other Accounting activities to broaden overall knowledge of business finance and accounting.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in Accounting with 2 years of experience in managing direct reports.
- Quality – Strong Understanding of General Accounting concepts and GAAP.
- Innovation – Problem Solving Skills with a focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Responsiveness – Excellent Technical, Information Systems, and Data Management Skill.
- Highly knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Query is a plus.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong Time Management Skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all leadership levels at the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
You will be working in an open office environment in a building that produces its products.
American Torch Tip American Torch Tip is a family business and has been manufacturing welding and cutting torches, guns and consumables in the USA for over 80 years. Quality and Safety are our primary goals with every product we ship. Our culture is to create a great experience for customers, employees, suppliers and our community.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bradenton, FL 34203: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location