About The Job
Key Account Managers manage the most important customer accounts in a company. These accounts make up a high percentage of company income, and the key account manager must build and maintain a strong relationship with the customer. They will be the lead point of contact for all key customer matters, anticipate the customer’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the customer are met, and help the customer succeed. The key account manager will also bring in new business from existing customers or contacts and will develop new relationships with potential customers.
Key Account Managers Job Duties:
- Proven experience developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key customers and our company.
- Resolving key customer issues and complaints.
- Developing a complete understanding of key account needs, manage communication between key customers and organization.
- Managing account team assigned to each customer.
- Strategic planning to improve customer results, negotiate contracts while establishing timeline of performance.
- Establishing and overseeing internal budgets with the company and external budgets with the customer.
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training.
- Expanding relationships and bringing in new customers.
- Field Travel 60%.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently with minimal direction.
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong negotiation and sales closing skills.
- Experienced presentation skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of an organization, from the manufacturing floor to C-Level management.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions.
- Strong computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on proficient Excel skills.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business administration, sales and/or finance.
- 5 years in Sales within the Welding Industry.
- 3-5 year of Direct experience with Key Account Management.
- Must be able to travel including but not limited to walking, standing stooping and twisting. May have prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This job description does not list all job duties. Occasionally supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other duties.
American Torch Tip American Torch Tip is a family business and has been manufacturing welding and cutting torches, guns and consumables in the USA for over 75 years. Quality and Safety are our primary goals with every product we ship. Our culture is to create a great experience for customers, employees, suppliers and our community.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Employment is contingent on a successful background and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- On the road