About The Job
Full Job Description
Urgently hiring for Machine Operator position.
American Torch Tip is looking for a skilled Machine Operator for our second shift operations to set up, maintain and operate drill press and boring machinery. A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency and profits.
Responsibilities for a Machine Operator at American Torch Tip
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
Skills Needed for a Machine Operator
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Math skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Able to stand for eight hours and lift up to 50 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
This Machine Operator job description does not list all job duties.
American Torch Tip American Torch Tip is a family business and has been manufacturing welding and cutting torches, guns and consumables in the USA for over 75 years. Quality and Safety are our primary goals with every product we ship. Our culture is to create a great experience for customers, employees, suppliers and our community.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Employment is contingent on a successful background and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location