About The Job
Are you looking to join a strong, stable manufacturing company in the Bradenton, FL area? Our Company Team Values are Quality, Responsiveness, and Innovation and we live those everyday. If those values speak to you then keep reading!
Experienced Mechanic for troubleshooting, repairs and preventative maintenance of a large number of production equipment from basic hydraulic equipment to complex CNC machinery, performing both electrical and mechanical work.
Working under the general direction of the Director of Manufacturing with minimum supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the internal maintenance of CNC equipment such as STAR’s, Hass, Doosan’s CNC machines and a variety of other manufacturing equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all maintenance mechanic operations on a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, and mechanical equipment to ensure continual operation of equipment and facility.
- Respond to emergency breakdowns of equipment to keep production loss to a minimum.
- Work with contractors and other maintenance personnel, if necessary, to ensure repairs are made properly and with minimum impact on operations.
- Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contribute to positive teamwork environment.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment. Follow safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Report safety incidents to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Participate in trainings. Accomplish related results as needed.
- The candidate must have 2 years of direct maintenance and repair experience on automated machinery including CNC equipment.
- Ability to read and understand part manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions, technical documents, and troubleshooting guides.
- Demonstrate high degree of industrial mechanic, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical aptitude and repair abilities.
- Ability to multitask job duties effectively and efficiently.
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Must be able to stand for 8 – 10 hours a shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and twist during shift.
This job description does not list all job duties. Occasionally supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other duties. Your evaluation is based in part upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and these other duties.
Management has the right to revise the job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
American Torch Tip American Torch Tip is a family business and has been manufacturing welding and cutting torches, guns and consumables in the USA for over 75 years. Quality and Safety are our primary goals with every product we ship. Our culture is to create a great experience for customers, employees, suppliers and our community.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Employment is contingent on a successful background and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Are you currently an employee at American Torch Tip Company?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance and Repair Experience on CNC Equipment: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location