About The Job
The Production Manager is responsible for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, and operating procedures.
Here’s what an ordinary day of work might look like:
- Maintains staff by working with Human Resources and Leadership on recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide coaching and development and work with human resources to resolve employee issues.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning team; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service standards by enforcing organization standards.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data;
- Makes suggestions to improve systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all machines, equipment, and resources;
- Maintains compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Monitors backorder/open order reports and responds to employees and customers
- Work with operations leadership on developing and updating Standard Operating Procedures.
- Leads the daily production meetings
- Maintain open lines of communication between employees, management and executives.
You’re going to need this to do this job:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Previous experience in a leadership capacity
- Organization skills and willingness to assume accountability for plant practices required
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Outlook, Excel, and Access
- Physical requirements include standing for 8 – 10 hours per day and lifting up to 50 LBS.
- Proven Manufacturing Leadership
- Knowledge of Macola MRP or other MRP/ERP Systems
You will be working in a manufacturing and assembly environment in a building that produces its products.
This job description does not list all job duties. Occasionally supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other duties. Your evaluation is based in part upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and these other duties.
Management has the right to revise the job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
American Torch Tip American Torch Tip is a family business and has been manufacturing welding and cutting torches, guns and consumables in the USA for over 75 years. Quality and Safety are our primary goals with every product we ship. Our culture is to create a great experience for customers, employees, suppliers and our community.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Associate (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location