About The Job
The Production Packaging and Assembler is responsible for operating and maintaining equipment associated to the Assembly of Manufactured Parts, Auto-Bagging, Hand-Bagging, Counting, Pressing, Crimping, Labeling, Cuttings, and Drilling. The Production Packaging and Assembler will ensure that all machinery runs effectively and safely. In addition to this, the Production Packaging Assembler will assist in the shipment of items, and will adhere to all ATTC Safety Guidelines and Quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to start and stop assembly and production machinery as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Documents actions by completing production logs/forms.
- Verifies specifications by using measuring/gauging equipment.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying Shop Orders and parts lists, gathering parts, sub-assemblies, tools and materials.
- Inspects in-process production by confirming specifications to ensure conformance
- Affixes labels, company logos, and other exterior details to products.
- Measuring, weighing, and counting items.
- Use of machinery such as Auto-baggers, crimper, presses, and various hand tools.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good knowledge of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Able to take direction from supervisors/managers.
- The Production Packaging and Assembler will have excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with other team members effectively.
- Good organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Able to use measuring/gauge instruments such as micrometers/dial calipers.
- Inventory control procedures a plus.
- Ability to understand documented procedures.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Works efficiently and manages time effectively.
- Possesses physical dexterity necessary to assemble small product parts.
- Be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, reach, push carts, and stand for long periods of time.
- Some computer skills needed such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and label makers.
Standard 40-hr work week, overtime as management deems necessary.
Working hours will be spent in packaging department and or warehouse.
Moderate to heavy physical activity such as walking, and lifting is required daily.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Employment is contingent on a successful background and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Assembly: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location