About The Job
American Torch Tip Company is looking for a Quality Engineer to join our awesome team!
Job summary for a Quality Engineer at American Torch Tip Company
Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of quality engineering principles, concepts, practices and theories in the quality area of responsibility. Responsibilities may include product quality support, execution of continuous improvement projects, supplier quality development, and development of improved quality metrics. Able to draw solutions from both formal training and experience. Requires original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems. Works closely with other engineering and functional areas to obtain optimum utilization of equipment, machinery and resources.
Here’s what an ordinary day of work might look like for a Quality Engineer at American Torch Tip Company
· Use quality and continuous improvement tools including Lean, Six Sigma, and SPC to develop appropriate measurement systems to evaluate product quality.
· Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Execute continuous improvement projects aimed at reducing process variation, improving defect prevention and detection, and enhanced product reliability
- Facilitates corrective action program which involved the application of failure analysis and root cause analysis as required within the quality engineering discipline.
- Facilitates RGA process and determines root cause and corrective action.
- Provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions, and formulate cost impacts (return on investment).
- Provide training and/or direction to Inspectors, engineers, technicians or manufacturing operators.
- Keeps accurate and complete records of quality engineering activities.
- May require communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
- Other assignments as may be requested by the Director of Quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific skills for a Quality Engineer
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, and SPC. Fully versed in ANSI Y-14.5 Geometrical Dimensioning-and-Tolerancing.
Ability to communicate proficiently with managers, supervisors and operators. Provide direction pertaining actions necessary when resolving quality issues and continuous improvement projects.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
ASQC Certification Desirable (CQE, CQA…)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and use hands and fingers, handle parts. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud depending on the area.
This job description does not list all job duties. Occasionally supervisors or managers may ask you to perform other duties.
Management has the right to revise the job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Learn about American Torch Tip Company
American Torch Tip American Torch Tip is a family business and has been manufacturing welding and cutting torches, guns and consumables in the USA for over 75 years. Quality and Safety are our primary goals with every product we ship. Our culture is to create a great experience for customers, employees, suppliers and our community.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Employment is contingent on a successful background and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- ANSI Y-14.5 Geometrical Dimensioning-and-Tolerancing: 1 year (Preferred)
- ASQC Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location