About The Job
American Torch Tip Company is looking for a business partner to join our team as a Senior Cost Accountant.
The Senior Cost Accountant is a critical role in our organization to ensure that management has confidence in the financial statement preparation process as well as providing information to other internal and external customers to help drive operational excellence.
The Senior Cost Accountant will determine and implement cost accounting procedures and methods as well as be responsible for the preparation and analysis of cost reports and costing audits. The opportunity to engage cross functionally with other departments to continuously improve our operational and financial results while growing your business acumen is an exciting portion of this role.
A thorough understanding of Cost Accounting concepts will be needed to examine and review unusual cost records and ensure cost data is allocated correctly. This role typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience, with 3 to 5 years in Cost Accounting and an ability to cross train and perform other General Accounting activities.
Responsibilities of a Senior Cost Accountant
- A Quality Commitment is required to support the Monthly and Annual Close process in accord with GAAP.
- An Innovation oriented mindset will be needed to solve emerging Cost Accounting issues and continuously improve out accounting processes and procedures.
- Quick Responsiveness to requests for information using excellent systems and data management skills to organize the information into an understandable presentation for both internal and external customers.
Qualifications of a Senior Cost Accountant
- Minimum 4-7 years of experience in Accounting with 3-5 years of experience in Cost Accounting and 1-3 years in General Accounting
- Quality – Strong Understanding of Cost Accounting concepts and GAAP
- Innovation – Problem Solving Skills with a focus on Continuous Improvement
- Responsiveness – Excellent Technical, Information Systems, and Data Management Skills
- Highly knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Query is a plus
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all leadership levels at the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
You will be working in an open office environment in a building that produces its products.
American Torch Tip American Torch Tip is a family business and has been manufacturing welding and cutting torches, guns and consumables in the USA for over 80 years. Quality and Safety are our primary goals with every product we ship. Our culture is to create a great experience for customers, employees, suppliers and our community.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bradenton, FL 34203: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Cost Accounting Standards: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location