About The Job
American Torch Tip is looking for a Shipping and Receiving Associate to join our company. We are a third generation, family owned manufacturing company with a fully air conditioned facility. We offer competitive compensation and great health benefits for our employees.
Here’s what an ordinary day of work might look like for a Shipping and Receiving Associate at our company:
- Receive incoming shipments into inventory management system.
- Assist in managing inventory in the stockroom.
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments and pack and prepare items for shipment.
- Compare identifying information and count items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify against bills of lading, invoices, order or other records.
- Pack items in cardboard containers. Stamp, stencil or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, record shortages or overages. Route items to departments.
- Perform visual inspection of items prior to packing for shipment.
- Complete and maintain necessary paperwork such as bills of lading, outgoing and incoming paperwork.
- Complete daily production records.
- Notifies manager or planning departments when major discrepancies occur.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks.
- Communicates with others to ensure shipping and receiving related problems are resolved.
- Facilitate interdepartmental material movement on an as needed basis.
- Conduct cycle counts to identify loss and improve in-stock position.
- Observe company safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned and directed
You’re gonna need this to do the shipping and receiving position:
- Exhibit a commitment to safety in all work practices
- Data entry experience utilizing an ERP system or Office Tools
- Proven time management skills in a fast paced environment
- Experience in international shipping is a plus
- Ability to work on foot (standing) for extended periods of time
- Ability to safely lift 30 to 70 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime hours when needed based on business needs and demands
- 3+ years of related experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exhibit effective communication skills
American Torch Tip Co is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national or ethnic origin, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
The health and safety of our employees is paramount at American Torch Tip. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have established a company response plan following CDC and local health official guidelines.
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- Shipping and Receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location