About The Job
ATTC is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our accounting team. The exciting part about this role is that you will be exposed to different areas of accounting that will help in your development and career growth. This role will play an integral part in working with internal and external customers to help drive operational excellence. As an organization we promote continuous improvement. This role requires mindset that re-evaluates current processes and makes recommended improvements.
The candidate will need to be detail oriented, helpful, multi-tasker with strong oral and written communication skills, and possess the ability to work well under time constraints. This role typically requires 1 year of related experience.
- Responsible for Full-Cycle Accounts Payable processing including examining, verifying, entering, and reconciling a variety of transactions.
- Ability to spot problems and provide recommendations on how to resolve those problems.
- Take an active role in the month end close process which would include reconciling accounts, booking journal entries and processing bank reconciliations.
- Own the month end closing process for our smaller entities.
- Reconcile monthly Value Added Tax for European activity.
- Reconcile monthly sales and use tax.
- Reconcile company credit card reconciliations and expense coding.
- Responsible for the Corporation’s Cash Forecast.
- Miscellaneous shop transaction processing.
- Work on Ad-Hoc Projects as assigned.
- Ability and interest in supporting other General Accounting activities to broaden overall knowledge of business finance and accounting.
- 1 year of experience in working in Accounts Payable is preferred but not required.
- Quality – Takes pride in their work by ensuring accuracy so that tasks are completed right the first time.
- Innovation – Problem Solving Skills with a focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Responsiveness – Able to quickly perform tasks and manage time appropriately.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Great organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Access a plus but not required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (understanding of accounting principles) is required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
You will be working in an open office environment in a building that produces its products.
American Torch Tip American Torch Tip is a family business and has been manufacturing welding and cutting torches, guns and consumables in the USA for over 80 years. Quality and Safety are our primary goals with every product we ship. Our culture is to create a great experience for customers, employees, suppliers and our community.
American Torch Tip offers competitive wages, health insurance, 401K and paid time off. We are a drug free, tobacco free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran).
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bradenton, FL 34203: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location