About The Job
Is responsible for issuing tools to CNC operators, restocking tooling and maintaining accurate inventory of supplies within the tool room of the CNC Department. The tool room attendant issues tooling for jobs, and then checks, return and replaces into inventory or replaces tooling if required. Attendant ensure that tooling is ready, available, inspected and replaced when needed. This position will work hours to support first and second shift CNC operations.
- Issues tools and equipment to workers, keeps records of tools and equipment issued and returned.
- Prepares Job bins for upcoming jobs, and maintains inventory of tools and equipment.
- Receives, unpacks and stores incoming tools and equipment in their place.
- Inspects and measures tools and equipment for defects and wear; repair or replace damaged tools.
- Request replenishment of tools with suppliers and tracks deliveries.
- Inventory management of tools and equipment.
- Practices good housekeeping keeping Toolroom clean and organized.
- Follows company safety protocol.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 years tool crib experience.
- Must be mechanically inclined and be able to identify different kinds of tools and functions.
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours, lift up to 40 lbs., bend, stoop, twist and grasp with hands.
- Must be detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
- Must have strong computer skills – especially with Excel.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Tool Crib: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Work Location: One location